ScalePad Workstation Assurance helps you provide full replacement warranty coverage for client workstations — even for accidental damage — in one easy Lifecycle Manager in-app workflow.
When you buy Workstation Assurance through ScalePad, you'll want to know exactly what to expect when you require service.
For all workstations under warranty, all partners receive the following service:
Workstation Assurance is an Advanced Exchange model with accidental damage coverage included.
Workstation coverage no longer includes the option for an on-site technician to attend the site. The reasons why we made this change can be found in our Workstation Assurance FAQ.
You can purchase Workstation Assurance for devices less than or equal to 7 years old.
We offer the option to purchase Workstation Assurance for devices in the US, Canada, UK, NZ, and AUS.
You can purchase Workstation Assurance for various devices, excluding Microsoft, Apple, and Intel.
Workstation Assurance process and timeline
In this section, you will find a breakdown of the process and timeline when submitting a service request using the Workstation Assurance exchange model.
1. A client has reported a malfunction or issue with the workstation they have coverage for.
Before submitting the service request, reasonable troubleshooting should be performed on the asset to rule out any software-related issues.
2. Requesting service through the ScalePad Lifecycle Manager platform hasn’t changed.
3. We respond to each request within 1 business day to verify a few details before initiating service.
4. We examine the specifications for the workstation replacement.
Sourcing the replacement
While we collaborate with various shipping partners that offer a vast selection of workstations for immediate shipment, we always strive to provide a like-for-like replacement (including the OEM, model, RAM, CPU, SSD, screen size, etc. However, it's important to note that we may not always be able to satisfy highly specific requirements.
5. Typically, within one business day, we initiate sourcing a replacement that closely matches the original item's specifications and features.
Once sourced, we always provide the exact specifications and check if the model is suitable for your client before shipping the replacement. Let us know if the offered replacement doesn’t suit - we’ll do our best to ensure your client is satisfied.
Shipping and tracking
6. We aim to deliver your replacement as fast as possible by utilizing the most expedited shipping service available for the model of the chosen replacement. Shipping can take between 5-8 business days at the latest, but often replacements arrive sooner than this.
7. As soon as the replacement is dispatched, we promptly furnish your team with the estimated time of arrival (ETAs) and tracking numbers.
Returning the old asset
8. As soon as you receive the replacement and verify that everything looks good, our team will provide you with instructions on how to send the broken hardware back to our service partners.
See the ScalePad Workstation Assurance Terms of Service for complete details.
Once you’ve received your replacement, See Transferring warranty coverage to a replacement workstation to ensure coverage is transferred to the replacement workstation.