Insights are automated, rules-based data analyses that take the hassle out of data hunting by shining a spotlight on critical issues. By providing at-a-glance information, Insights ensures that IT problems are promptly resolved and business operations stay on track.
An asset is either compliant with an insight's rule or is not.
With dedicated panes for insights, you can focus on the next steps, whether it's at a global account level or an individual client's perspective. This article describes the role that Insights play in shaping your success as an MSP, uncovering how they empower you to stay ahead of the curve and deliver exceptional client service.
Insights categorize information into several categories.
- High-risk: server and security issues that could create significant downtime if not addressed.
- Hardware modernization: Identifies aged server and workstation assets.
- Software modernization: Identifies unsupported OS and non-Office 365 installations on workstations and VM assets.
- Warranty coverage: Workstations and servers with expired or expiring ScalePad Warranty Services or OEM warranties.
- Security: Integrates Breach Secure Now to identify information on which end users are at risk on security training and simulated phishing attack data (requires a Breach Secure integration).
Backup monitoring: Integrates Backup Radar with Lifecycle Manager to identify unmonitored servers, workstations, and virtual machines. This insight checks for a configured backup monitoring policy (requires a Backup Radar subscription).
Personal insights: Provide account managers with a deeper understanding of their clients or their entire MSP's health.
Personalized Insights - As your clients may have policies with slightly different standards than the existing predefined insights, Lifecycle Manager provides the ability to create personalized insights to let you track ALM policies that matter to you.
By creating personalized insights, you will not only be able to change the threshold and mix and match the pre-defined Lifecycle Manager policies, but you're also able to create new policies for installed software, hardware specifications, and warranty information to gain meaningful insight into all collected asset data.
Clicking a predefined or Personalized insight from the Strategy/Client Dashboard displays an asset list console which simplifies communicating the Insight details (through applied filters) and enables greater flexibility in broadening or narrowing your search.
Depending on what level of insights you want to view, there are two paths to access insights.